RE: How is SPF different from RMX?

2004-08-10 16:44:58

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Dean Anderson wrote:

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

Wrong and misleading as well. I have given you a large number
of specific faults: (I'll summarize)

  1) Abuser can forge addresses at domain

This is a risk, not a specific threat. it appears that you are referring
to the fact that forwarded mail can only authenticate to the last sender,
not the original sender.

And no, I'm not referring to the fact that forwarded mail can only
authenticate to the last sender.  I'm refering to the fact that anyone at
AOL.com can pretend to be anyone else at AOL.com.