RE: Point of Order: Incomplete, flawed response to MARID WG Charter

2004-08-18 06:38:49

 Please read the objection carefully. The technical description of the
issue is wholly flawed.

Regards,
Damon Sauer

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-mxcomp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-mxcomp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Andrew
Newton
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 9:27 AM
To: Chris Haynes
Cc: IETF MARID WG
Subject: Re: Point of Order: Incomplete, flawed response to MARID WG
Charter

On Aug 18, 2004, at 6:32 AM, Chris Haynes wrote:

May I humbly raise a point of order to the Chair concerning the
projected output
of the MARID WG?

I'm not sure there is much humility in raising a point of order
premised on your opinion of the technical proposal and not on the
process for how this group is conducting its work.

Or perhaps you and I have a different idea for the meaning of point of
order.

You are certainly free to express your technical opinion regarding
Sender ID, but let's not start using process issues to win technical
arguments.

BTW, your technical objections to Sender ID are noted.

-andy

*****
it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged
material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. 113