RE: DEPLOY: Legal liability for creating bounces from forged messages

2004-08-24 16:32:03

John cites a whole slew of previous messages, which by the time you
strip out the irrelevant stuff appear to raise the following question:
Given how easy it would be for a forger to insert a Resent-From header
(for example), shouldn't we have some sort of stronger check?

John, I think you should raise the issue in a separate thread.
Conflating this with a thread that has already visited issues like
whether British law allows conviction of non-humans does not seem like a
good thing.

-- Jim Lyon