RE: Sendmail releases open source Sender ID milter for testing

2004-09-01 06:01:11

[Arnt Gulbrandsen]
If you think offering software downloads to the general public isn't
redistributing, I dare you to put your Windows CDs on your web site.

There's a big difference between the situations: Sourceforge is being
used as a transmission agent by, and is authorized by, the copyright
holders of the Sendmail software. If I posted my Windows CDs, I would be
transmitting the software without MS's permission.

I think the "courier" analogy I used before still applies.

        -Ryan-