RE: How IETF treats contributors

2004-09-01 07:08:20

On Wednesday, September 01, 2004 at 12:54 AM, William(at)elan.net wrote:

I recommend MARID chairs or authors of the drafts make an appropriate
changes to the Acknoledgement section of both core and protocol
drafts,
something like this (text mostly combination of what was in protocol
and core acknoledgements sections):

   This design is based on earlier work published in 2003 in [RMX] and

   [DMP] drafts (by Hadmut Danisch and Gordon Fecyk respectively).
   The idea of using a DNS record to check the legitimacy of an email
   address traces its ancestry to "Repudiating Mail-From" draft by
Paul
   Vixie [Vixie] (based on suggestion by Jim Miller) and to
   "Domain-Authorized SMTP Mail" draft by David Green [Green] who
first
   introduced this idea on namedroppes maillist in 2002.

With references as follows:
 [Green] http://www.atm.tut.fi/list-archive/namedroppers/msg01636.html
 [Vixie] http://www.atm.tut.fi/list-archive/namedroppers/msg01638.html

And these acknolidgements should probably be the same for both
marid-protocol and marid-core drafts. Although protocol can list
additional people who contributed to design of SPF while marid-core
may list those who contributed to caller-id.

I would be happy to do this in the next draft of -core.

-- Jim Lyon