RE: Motion to abandon Sender ID

2004-09-02 08:59:13

I am sure that we can come up with multiple conspiracy
theories for this. For now, lets stay above the fray and
assume that perhaps Microsoft was acting in good faith.
Descending into conspiracy theories will not make this any
better, and quite the opposite, will make the entire
discussion appear unprofessional.

Microsoft knows what the issues are, they are receiving
comments from multiple people and sources. The decision on
the license is upto them.
The decision on the standard on the other hand is upto the us.

Yakov

IMHO...(short version)

I will recommending that we move forward with the implementation of
SenderID within Bell Canada (over 35,000 domains) as I believe the
licensing component has zero to do with the technology and cost of
implemention. The support that Microsoft will generate over night for
this solution will drive global adoptation - something this solution is
going to need to be successful.

Jonathan