Re: Motion to abandon Sender ID

2004-09-02 11:46:14

Ken <ken(_at_)savicom(_dot_)net> wrote:
Michel:

I'd say a more precise interpretation of the extracted sentences would
be:

"Think about the consequences of our actions.  Imagine what the world
will be like following a MARID abandonment of SenderID?"  You do not
have to be assimilated, but it seems unrealistic to believe that
SenderID will die.  It's a good technical solution for today.

Technically, there is far less of an issue. But what am I, and the thousands
like me, to do when I cannot implement the acknowledged good technology
because the maintainer of my MTA cannot incorporate it for non-technical
reasons?

The solution has to be technically sound AND deployable.

Peter