Re: (DEPLOY) In Support of Sender ID

2004-09-02 15:44:57
Chuck Mead writes:

I am given to understand by communications from many sources that a
great deal of work is going on quietly, behind the scenes, trying to
work out this issue and I commend Microsoft for their willingness to
discuss them... that said we aren't there yet and I do not see how you
can believe that Sender-ID will be *widely adopted* given the current
license situation.

I don't know how actually willing is Microsoft, but I do know that many respected F/OSS community members have been trying to lobby behind the scenes, for which I commend them.

However, I am 100% certain that Microsoft will never accept F/OSS-compatible licensing terms, and the lobbying efforts will not succeed. I believe their only purpose is so that everyone can truthfully say that they tried their best.

Repeated calls on this mailing list for Microsoft to adopt F/OSS-compatible licensing terms will not do anything. This is not going to happen.