RE: PRA Patent: License for Display in MUAs?

2004-09-03 14:13:24

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Jim Lyon wrote:

On Thursday, September 02, 2004 at 7:38 PM, William Leibzon wrote:

Microsoft may have misled others that SenderID and PRA algorithm can be
used by MUAs to verify email (because of their dominance in MUA market on
Windows PCs, they need something for MUAs). That is not true.

William also implies that Microsoft would intentionally mislead people
to believe that SenderID can be used in MUAs when it cannot.  In the
first place, I resent the insinuation.

I'm going to apologize again, I never meant to make a statement that somebody
intentionally is doing anything bad as far as SenderID algorithm or its
implementation in MUA or anywhere else.

I note my original statement said  "Microsoft may have misled others"
and its part of the phrase for which I dropped one important word, this
should have been "Microsoft may have unintentionally misled others" and
this is not a very strong statement at all if they did or not. Again I
aplogize to Microsoft and others.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks