Re: TECH-OMMISSION: Time Phasing Rules For Records Not Included In Core and Protocol (was RE: PRA Patent: License for Display in MUAs?)

2004-09-03 14:20:11

Mark Lentczner wrote:

On Sep 3, 2004, at 1:00 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:

Recommend we add to protocol, page 24, a new paragraph 6.3:

6.3  Record Maintenance Time Requirements

I would recommend against such inclusions. I agree that the information given is sound advice for system administrators. But, the technical scheme is hardly dependent on following such advice, nor will ignoring such advice lead to any major break down. Such language belongs in a How-To document, not the draft.

I am hesistant about not mentioning it at all since it is something that might come up often. Perhaps a separate BCP document can be referenced as part of the main draft. And while we are on that, is there a BCP document or is that planned for the future?

Yakov