Re: Obstacles between us and the finish line

2004-09-03 16:09:30
Ted Hardie writes:

At 8:13 PM -0500 9/2/04, wayne wrote:

That post did not say "stop worrying about the licensing issues",
it said "Discuss licensing in terms of the engineering decisions"
or more fully:

Comments based solely on the licensing terms without regard to the engineering
choices they affect *do not speak to the question working groups need to
decide*.   The sudden appearance of new working group participants
after postings inviting them to comment is welcome *if they contribute to
the engineering discussion*.  But if you are here to comment on licensing
outside of the engineering context, you are wasting your electrons.

Several posters since that point have made very clear posts describing
the engineering choices and deployment mechanisms which would have to
change in the context of their reading of this license.  I again point
to Eric's post as one example; there are others.

Saying "I don't like this" means nothing.  Saying "I won't implement this"
or "I will deploy this" means something.

Right. I'm afraid that this licensing issue has a major engineering impact. Engineering as in: well, this licensing issue will prevent any engineering from occuring in the first place.