Re: DEPLOY: Rejection of Sender ID does not result in standardiza tion of SPF Classic

2004-09-05 09:22:05
Dean Anderson writes:

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004, Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. wrote:

> > There is a reason why NNTP has been replaced by the blogosphere.
>
> And that reason is spam. Not bad protocol design.

NNTP isn't the only network protocol subject to abuse. IRC is also a favorite for abuse. Of the three, none have been effective at controlling abuse through technical means.

Really? I read several Usenet newsgroups. I see, maybe, one or two spams a week on a newsgroup that carries 400-500 messages a day.