RE: TECH-ERROR: SenderID sets recomendation for forwarders thatare not compatible with RFC 2822

2004-09-13 13:09:30

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Jim Lyon wrote:

You need to read specs like a lawyer, not like a programmer.
(Programmer: if the spec says "jump", I'll jump and damn the
consequences.  Lawyer: if the spec says "jump" and that's either
ambiguous or nonsensical, I'll look beyond the words to the intended
meaning.)  Admittedly, the best specs are ones that yield the same
result to both programmers and lawyers.

As much as I'd want to be able to read some documents like a laywer, I'm
not one and can not easily do it.

I believe and many others would probably confirm that IETF documents are
foremost intended to be read and interpreted by engineers and programmers
and that likely scenario is that lawyer would not be able to understand
complexities and technical details of many of the IETF protocols as he/she
would not qualified unless he/she isa also engineer or programmer (such a
person is for example Karl Auerbach and I actually dont even know any other
lawyer who is also network engineer geek).

---
William Leibzon, Elan Networks:
 mailto: william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net
Anti-Spam Research Worksite: