Re: by the numbers

2004-09-14 10:54:21

In <178EF9A8-0668-11D9-BCF4-000A95B3BA44(_at_)hxr(_dot_)us> Andrew Newton
<andy(_at_)hxr(_dot_)us> writes:

Attached you will find a survey that Marcos Sanz and I did of com,
net, and de.

Thank you very much for posting this!  Very interesting.

A few questions/comments:

* can you tell me when this survey was conducted?

* for those looking closely at the numbers, it appears that
the last digit of the numbers for the de TLD were sometimes droppped.

* it appears that you survedy about 25% of com/net and 12.5% of de.

* scaling up the numbers, there appears to be about 750,000 SPF
records in com/net and 18,000 SPF records in de.

* you found SPF records for around 2% of the com/net domains, but
only 0.3% of the de domains.

* for com/net, SPF records account for 45% of all TXT records, for de
it is only 13%

I'll reserve my conclusions for now, save the fact that your numbers
depend on where you look.

I'm sure this is very true.

-wayne