Re: Microsoft's Updated Statement about IPR Claimed in <draft-ietf-marid-core-03.txt> and <draft-ietf-marid-pra-00.txt> in Combination

2004-09-16 10:36:49

On Sep 16, 2004, at 12:20 PM, william(at)elan.net wrote:

It contains a lot lot more then just things related to MARID and understanding everything is difficult because of this "patent language", but from what I see of the MARID specific parts, the patent does cover RFC2821 Mail-From
(which Microsoft calls "Reverse-Path" in their patent application) as
well as RFC2822 headers and it many times mentions RMX records as well.

IANAL, but my limited understanding of these thing is that you must look at the claims. Somebody correct me if I'm off-base, which is quite possible considering IANAL.

-andy