Re: Existing implementation of SPF1 for Exchange 2000?

2004-09-20 13:20:29
On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 09:01, Gordon Fecyk wrote:

I know Meng and crew went nuts developing a stack of libraries to support SPF
v1 (yes v1, the same thing that AOL's using to check incoming mail).  I'd
like to know if someone's developed an event sink for Exchange 2000 or 2003
yet among that stack.

As Meng has apparently already pointed out there is one available.  It
would be prudent to review the downloads page @
http://spf.pobox.com/downloads.html.

A really clever add-on could even automatically insert records into the DNS
through dynamic update when the Exchange server starts.

I almost give up.  I've rewritten this response several times attempting
to show my displeasure at finding (what I perceive to be) such an
exceptionally bad idea being expressed on this list (yes I know by now I
should be used to it (*COUGH* XML IN DNS *COUGH*)).  But I'll give it a
whirl anyways.  Are you referring to dynamically updating an
authoritative name server or a private internal one merely using the DNS
server as a database?

Cheers,

James

--