Re: Language too strict in draft-ietf-marid-mailfrom-00

2004-09-21 03:59:38

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 09:38 +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 04:40:04PM -0700,
 Douglas Otis <dotis(_at_)mail-abuse(_dot_)org> wrote
 a message of 90 lines which said:

I would expect BATV will be a good solution for this problem.

Speaking of BATV, any implementation on the radar screen? Or a
concrete syntax? At the present time, I only see
draft-levine-mass-batv-00.txt.

Largely the point is it's unilateral so you don't _have_ to have an
agreed syntax. I've had an implementation purely in Exim configuration
since February -- http://david.woodhou.se/eximconf/include/routers-ses

Currently that stops the backscatter, and it stops fakes being delivered
to anyone who actually does SMTP sender verification callouts. It's been
suggested that we could implement a stunt DNS server and publish an SPF
record using 'exists' to get potential recipients to verify the
localpart that way, but I haven't bothered yet.

--
dwmw2