Re: Microsoft Statement regarding Sender I.D. Update and Plans (f orwarded by request)

2004-09-27 09:54:21

On 27 Sep 2004, at 16:38, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

* I believe it is fundamental that open standards which are
subject to patents and/or patent claims must be subject to
actual or draft patent licenses which are compatible with
open source licensing standards as set out in the Open
Standards Alliance model to ensure the continued vibrancy
of the Internet.

Well maybe what you learn from all of this is that maybe you
did not choose the best way to achieve your goal.

It was your idea to play chicken with this issue. Don't complain
about the all too predictable result.

Played chicken? Can you be any more insulting?

Some of us travelled 6000 miles for a one day event to try and persuade Microsoft to do the right thing. This wasn't playing chicken. Some of us worked really bloody hard at this only for MS to stand their ground and waste all our efforts.

Matt.