Re: Microsoft Statement regarding Sender I.D. Update and Plans (f orwarded by request)

2004-09-27 10:46:58

The war, of course, is not over.  The IETF (Ted, and maybe the former
co-chairs?), Meng, and MS (Harry, Jim, Bob, et al) appear to have
learned nothing from what has happened.  They have done an end-run
around the working group last call by closing down the working group,

This is actually something which has me a bit confused;  Craig's
letter said "After discussion with the IETF MARID chairs, we jointly
agreed to move forward with a proposal that provides implementers the
choice of utilizing PRA or MAIL FROM for the Sender ID check
mechanism.  While the working group has recently shut down, we
continue to work with the chairs and key stakeholders to move
forward."

To me this made it sound like Microsoft and the Chairs of the MARID
group had been working together privately behind the scenes and even
before the group was shut down, and that Microsoft continues to
working with the Chairs (are they still chairs if the group no longer
exists?) and "key stakeholders" behind the scenes to advance
(something).

Can someone please clarify this for me?

Thanks,

Anne