Re: [spf-discuss] Trying to specify SPF Classic?

2004-10-01 19:15:38

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

I have proposed to the IETF AD and co-chairs that we publish
an Experimental RFC to document SPF Classic, and also
publish Experimental RFCs for Sender ID to make Microsoft
happy, and also publish Experiemental RFCs that head in the
direction of Unified SPF.

SenderID (PRA) and UnifiedSPF based on SPF 2.0, we're not quite ready
with that draft, I'd like more discussion on scoping and making it more
compatible with SPF 1.0.

So I would recommend publishing Classic SPF1.0 draft to RFC now and wait a
little  more with SPF2.0 and do more discussions both on protocol and on
other aspects Unified SPF. When we're ready with all other Unified SPF
drafts (that means we have published them and discussed and tried the
concept and have implementations available) then we can ask for
publiication of SPF2.0 protocol and all related unified SPF drafts to
Experimental RFCs.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks