RE: RFC 3929 on Alternative Decision Making Processes for Consens us-Blocked Decisions in the IETF (fwd)

2004-10-28 00:27:05

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 11:04, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

[snip]

I found it practically impossible to follow the alledged discussion
of technical issues due to the constant heckling and deliberate
recycling of false positions.

  Hmm.  Heckling and deliberating recycling of false positions.

  I, as one who participated in some of the last call discussion don't
appreciate your revisionist history, Phil.

  As to the heckling, if you are referring to anti-Microsoft rants,
those were actual minimal due to the fact that when they appeared, the
guilty posters were roundly chastised by the co-chairs.  What remained
was good reasoned discussion of a specific deployment problem due to IPR
issues.
  As to the so-called 'false positions', I can only reply in disbelief
that you simply assert that those with whom you disagreed were simply
wrong.  Such arrogance.  Arguments were repeated when they were
methodically ignored by those who wanted to sweep the significant
deployment IPR problem under the rug.
  I repeated over and over again that we had three lawyers' opinions
that agreed that the patent license was unacceptable and zero lawyers'
opinions that it was acceptable for a reason.  It was because no one had
directly responded to it.  When you have an argument that carries a lot
of weight that is being ignored, it bears repeating.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator