Re: A new SMTP "3821" [Re: FTC stuff...........]

2004-12-06 18:08:37

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Woodhouse" <dwmw2(_at_)infradead(_dot_)org>
To: "Hector Santos" <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com>
Cc: "Chris Haynes" <chris(_at_)harvington(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk>; "MXCOMP"
<ietf-mxcomp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: A new SMTP "3821" [Re: FTC stuff...........]

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 19:55 -0500, Hector Santos wrote:
If you are using a SPF domain, then you either have your network
correctly
setup for outbound mail or you dont.

The network in which I participate is known as "the Internet". It is not
'correctly' setup for outbound mail, by the definition you're using.

Good point.

However, by my definition, if you wish to use SPF by exposing your domain or
network of domains to the SPF ready world, then you better be ready for it.

My point is that you shouldn't use SPF if you don't have your network of
outbound mail machines under its umbrella.

Don't you agree?

Sincerely,

Hector Santos, CTO
Santronics Software, Inc.