Re: So here it is one year later...

2005-01-31 14:46:38

----- Original Message -----
From: "wayne" <wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net>
To: "IETF MARID WG" <ietf-mxcomp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 3:53 PM
Subject: Re: So here it is one year later...

I completely, 100% agree and I can not emphisized this enough.  I see
things like SPF and crypto systems as complementary systems, not
competing systems.  I'm sorry I forgot to mention that.

Vendors with a suite of solutions know this already.  No one system is good
enough, especially if its all half-baked into a legacy SMTP system.

We made our system "hook" ready at each state of the SMTP state machine.
That way, if someone invents something new tomorrow, its plug in plug.

MARID should of focused on the generic security aspect of the transport
system rather than just to force one or more of the half-based,
semi-proprietary proposals down our throats.

Sincerely,

Hector Santos, CTO
Santronics Software, Inc.
http://www.santronics.com