Re: So here it is one year later...

2005-01-31 14:54:08

Please Doug.

You can't guarantee that an immediate router will be CSV compliant.  So you
have the same heterogeneous/mixed policy issues as SPF and all the rest of
the proposals.

In addition,  you have a MUCH higher overhead than most as you based on
state point #1 - HELO/EHLO.

Now why would I want to do a HELO CSV check without determining:

    - Check to see if the sender is valid,
    - Final vs Route

You will say;

    "Our new MAPS CSV/DNA service will take of this.  We will vouch
     for the transaction."

 But what if the SMTP operator does not want to use your new MAPS CSV/DNA
service?  What if you go out of business?   What if you get enough support
headaches from thousands of smaller systems that you decide to raise the
price to filter out these bothersome clientele?

Please, again.

Give me something technically SOUND before even have to bother with the
baloney that will come about with DNA like concepts.

Sincerely,

Hector Santos, CTO
Santronics Software, Inc.
http://www.santronics.com