Re: "If you believe that the SPF concept is fundamentally flawed, please subscribe at http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/"

2005-05-26 12:58:12

In <eJlkk64sshlCFA4u(_at_)highwayman(_dot_)com> Richard Clayton
<richard(_at_)highwayman(_dot_)com> writes:

I repeat my advice from another place to give up proselytising how SPF
will make a better world and just concentrate on a comprehensible,
interworkable standard that doesn't break anything else. If it then
turns out to have magical powers and cures cancer and stuff then that's
peachy. But its unnecessary to promote that up front.

I tend to agree with you.  Unfortunately, one of the problems with
open projects that have no membership requirements and only vague
leadership roles is that anyone can say anything and still claim to be
part of the community.

The membership requirements to be in the SPF community is slightly
less strict than the membership for the IETF, but the organization of
the SPF community is far less formal than the IETF.

-wayne