Re: Appeal: Publication of draft-lyon-senderid-core-01 in conflict with referenced draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02

2005-08-27 04:45:03

Alan DeKok wrote:

Not from my POV, I wanted this beast under IETF control.

Why?

Because Meng and the SPF community as it was before MARID
produced at least three ideas how to change the spec. per
hour, and that made me very nervous.

With a reason, Meng manouvered himself in a very awkward
position, after all he's the co-author of both drafts in
the subject.  He claims that it's sitting on a fence, but
actually it's barbed wire.

The concerns you expressed in your previous message about
the IETF leadership and methods were serious.

Some of them, not all of them.  It's a test, interesting
for anybody volunteering time for the IETF if it turns
out to be "directorated" by the commercial interests of
some big players.

How do you believe you can move forward, given your
concerns?

Julian proposed a simple remedy, it could be even shorter,
delete four letters in chapter 3.4 of senderid-core.  Bye.