RE: PROPOSED OPEN-PGP Charter

1997-08-22 09:48:35
Jason,

Some thought went into the phrase, "limited backwards compatibility", If you
implement "open-pgp" with Diffie-Hellman Public Key Algorithm and / or use a
X.509v3 cert, you'll have problems getting FULL compatibility with 2.6.x. I
agree that we do not want to abandon or inhibit any of the 4 million existing
users, and the spec will require the new and old versions to communicate to
some usefull degree.

CB