Re: PGP/MIME Partial compliance test

1997-10-16 00:06:14
"AG" == Anthony E Greene <agreene(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
wrote the following on Thu, 16 Oct 1997 03:12:47 +0200

  >> Because PGP 5.0 can't seem report whether or not it is using the
  >> MD5 or SHA1 hash, my PGP/MIME program can't provide that
  >> information in the Content-Type header without maintaining a
  >> database of keys or something awkward like that.

  AG> What about the hash lengths?

        Hmm, I noticed that md5 signatures always seemed to be longer.
Is this reliable?  Perhaps I could just check the PGP signature output
file and if it is longer than xx bytes I could call it MD5?

--
Ben Escoto
PGP/MIME mail welcome - finger bescoto(_at_)leland(_dot_)stanford(_dot_)edu for