Re: clearsigned sigs

1997-11-13 22:44:42
At 5:43 PM -0800 11/13/97, Ian Grigg wrote:
I suggest we clarify this in the standard by saying that clearsigned
messages SHOULD be signed with sig type of 01, and that readers MAY
assume that cleartext messages are so signed.

Or some such language.  The intent should be clear: there is validity in
assuming that clear-signed is sig type of text.

Detached signatures for clearsigned binary executables are still useful.
It seems reasonable for this use to jump thru special hoops while the more
common text use is the default.

Bill Frantz       | Internal surveillance      | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | helped make the USSR the   | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com | nation it is today.        | Los Gatos, CA
95032, USA