Re: DSA and patents

1997-12-10 01:47:12
Jon Callas <jon(_at_)pgp(_dot_)com> writes:

The current draft of OpenPGP allows for Elgamal signatures. It *is* true
that PGP 5.x does not implement them, but the standard allows them. If
there's anything in the draft that forbids them, let me know and I'll
correct it, as I consider that a bug in the spec.

It´s okay, we would only have a problem with the MUST DSA requirement
if we can´t use DSA due to patent issues - according to Peter Gutmann´s
message this will not be the case.

By the way: The bit fiddling stuff with the length headers is somewhat
annoying:  If there is need for partial length headers, the document will
anyway be quite large and spending some extra bytes does matter.  I hope
that can be fixed with next OpenPGP version.

Werner

--
Werner Koch, Duesseldorf  -   werner(_dot_)koch(_at_)guug(_dot_)de   -  PGP
keyID: 0C9857A5