Preannounce: opgp92.tgz

1998-03-31 09:10:22
On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Hal Finney wrote:

This is a remarkable accomplishment!  OpenPGP compatible encryption,
decryption, and signatures in under 6000 lines of C code, making use of
standard libraries like SSLeay.

I just checked - it is actually shorter since 2000 lines are simply the
implementations for RIPEMD-160, HAVAL, and SAFER/SK128 which I included
instead of patches and/or URLs.  Counting just my *.[ch] files, it is
around 3750.

I also have left in lots of lines for demonstration (e.g. how to add RC2
as algorithm 100), and limited the line length.

I am verifying 0.92 (Found some problems with S2K algs 0 and 1, but now
they interoperate with PGP 5) - it should be up on www.cryptography.org
this afternoon after I complete some testing.

The README in the pgplib directory lists my notes for the OpenPGP
specification (what I do, don't, or deviate from).

--- reply to tzeruch - at - ceddec - dot - com ---