Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-openpgp-formats-02.txt

1998-04-28 12:18:42
tzeruch(_at_)ceddec(_dot_)com writes:

jump to V4.  Otherwise you create a PGP 2.6.2-plus implicit within OpenPGP
and I think this is a bad idea.  When there is a V3 way of doing things,
it should meet the old RFC completely since the single reason to do things
that way is to be backward compatible.  Otherwise things should be done

I did this for GNUPG because when I started, I didn't know any
description of PGP 5 packet formats so I had to to use RFC1991
with only one extension (partial header length); this implementation
is pretty compliant to RFC1991, due to the fact that this rfc is not
specific in some parts :-)

This isn't a perfect solution and so I plan to migrate to v4 as soon
as OpenPGP is stable (actually I can already process v4 packets).

Werner