Armor vs. Binary

1998-05-16 01:35:30
Hi !

Is there a difference between the binary-code generated by PGP and the
Radix-64 equivalent ?
I have written a program to convert the Radix-64-Code into binary-code and
this binary-code should be the same as the one PGP generates. The first
4 Triple-Blocks are identical, but then our result differ.

Example:

The result my program generates:

133,1,12
3,118,42
25,11,104
23,21,225
------------------- from then on the codes differ
1,8,0
142,140,4
43,235,81
43,190,74

PGP-generated binary-code:

133,1,12
3,118,42
25,11,104
23,21,225
-------------------
1,7,253
24,146,75
220,144,71
127,219,200

I tested my program, and it works correct, but if you like I also could
post it. But maybe there is a simple misunderstanding from my side.

Thanks for your help

 Christoph

Christoph Moser - Student of Computer Science and Business
                  University of Siegen

Email:            moser(_at_)student(_dot_)uni-siegen(_dot_)de
Tel. :            +49 271 71883
PGP-Key available on request