Re: One-pass signatures

1998-07-31 09:35:28
At 02:06 PM 7/26/98 +1000, Andrew Bromage wrote:
   I suggest adding a sentence to the end of section 5.4 such as:

      Note that because multiple one-pass signatures applied to the one
      message are nested, the signature packets which follow the message
      should appear in reverse order to the one-pass signature packets
      which declare them.

   I'm not happy with my wording, but that should be the sense of it.

How's this:

Note that if a message contains more than one one-pass signature, then the
signature packets bracket the message; that is, the first signature packet
after the message corresponds to the last one-pass packet and the final
signature packet corresponds to the first one-pass packet.

        Jon

-----
Jon Callas                                  jon(_at_)pgp(_dot_)com
CTO, Total Network Security                 3965 Freedom Circle
Network Associates, Inc.                    Santa Clara, CA 95054
(408) 346-5860
Fingerprints: D1EC 3C51 FCB1 67F8 4345 4A04 7DF9 C2E6 F129 27A9 (DSS)
              665B 797F 37D1 C240 53AC 6D87 3A60 4628           (RSA)