Re: Chained Encrypted Data Packets?

1999-11-09 02:24:28
Jon Callas <jon(_at_)callas(_dot_)org> writes:

Note -- after this was suggested, I argued that nothing in 2440 forbids
someone from doing this. Should I specifically encourage it?

I argued the same when someone asked me about this.  I don't think
that we should mention this in the Standard.  I do not think
that this is a good way for sending messages between remote device and
that is for what OpenPGP is used in the first place.

However, a sentence in the implemenation notes won't do any harm.
Better not get into trouble by adding a new feature and start to
discuss this for weeks.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013