q re binding user id's and subkeys

2000-07-13 23:01:37
To all,

Regarding 5.5.1.1 and 5.5.1.2; I am having a problem trying to understand how one binds an encryption sub key to a particular user id and the top level signing key?

There seems to be no information contained in a sub-key packet that can link it to a user id. Also, the binding signature does not contain info regarding a user id (nor the binding signatures subpackets).

By binding an encryption sub key to a primary signing key, you are binding it to multiple user id's (if multiple user id's exist), however if user id (a) wants to encrypt data using sub-key (b) and user id (b) wants to encrypt data using sub-key (a), where do you actually make the bind?

My apologies if I've (once again), misread or completely missed something.

Regards

Erron Criddle
Comasp Ltd.
Level 2, 45 Stirling Hwy