Re: OpenPGP as a standard

2000-08-04 02:47:11
On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, sen_ml(_at_)eccosys(_dot_)com wrote:

i am very confused by what you mean by "becoming a standard".  would you
mind elaborating?

Probably he wants to say:  Moving from status Proposed Standard to
Draft Standard.

Several times we started to do the needed compatibility tests, but due
to shortages of time we haven't moved any further :-(.  Frankly it
should be pretty easy do go to Draft - There are a few implemenations
and they all interoperate;  it is just that some folks sit down and do
some actual testing.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                             GnuPG key:  621CC013
OpenIT GmbH                             http://www.OpenIT.de