Re: OpenPGP as a standard

2000-08-04 03:08:21
At 05:53 PM 4/08/2000 +0900, you wrote:
From: Erron Criddle <ejc(_at_)comasp(_dot_)com>
Subject: OpenPGP as a standard
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 15:49:18 +0800

> I'm e-mailing regarding the possibility of OpenPGP becoming a standard.

i am very confused by what you mean by "becoming a standard".  would you
mind elaborating?

When I speak about a "standard", I am talking about OpenPGP becoming an IETF standard.

Look at: http://www.imc.org/smime-pgpmime.html; it states:

"The charter for the OpenPGP WG states clearly that the purpose of the group is to create protocols based on PGP that can become IETF standards"

I have also satisfied the quoted persons concerns regarding the length specifier (ie OpenPGP as a standard) as OpenPGP can handle an unspecified length field quite nicely and thus there is no over processing required :)

Regards

Erron Criddle
Comasp Ltd.
Level 2, 45 Stirling Hwy