Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc2440bis-01.txt

2000-10-02 15:32:09
At 2:15 PM +0200 9/29/00, Werner Koch wrote:
Thanks for updating the draft Jon.

I think we should add the section on the new MDC packets.  Those are
implemented in PGP 7 and GnuPG 1.0.3.  Hal: Can you post this
proposed section again?

I've added in the MDC packets, editing the text from Hal's submission. I
also added in a "features" subpacket to state that you speak MDC. Excerpts
will be forthcoming. I made a few other edits surrounding MDC use (for
example in the BNF). I also put in a reminder in the packet header
description that you have to use a new-format packet for tags of 16 and
greater.

Assuming that AES will be announced quite soon, we could issue a new
draft right after this event.

What changes need to be made for that? We've already reserved constants for
the AES. Do I need to do anything other than remove the word "reserved"?
Hmmm. A Rijndael reference. That seems to be it to me, though.

        Jon