Re: PGP 7.0 and PGP/MIME?

2001-02-13 08:06:32
On 2001-02-13 09:01:30 -0500, Damon Gallaty wrote:

The problem was with sending PGP/MIME from Mutt and receiving it
in Eudora. The PGP plug-in was failing to recognize that the
message contained PGP/MIME.

I hope there was no bug on our (mutt's) side involved with this?

The other "problem" mentioned is not a bug at all. As you
probably guessed from Derek's note, the person sending from
Eudora to Mutt is not even using PGP/MIME. but instead is using
the "classic" PGP format. PGP/MIME is an option that the user can
turn on or off in NAI PGP products, since PGP/MIME is not
universally recognized in all PGP plug-ins yet (not even our
own).

From the Usenet article of this guy, there were two sides to the
problem:

- Eudora sending classical PGP messages tagged as text/plain.  This
  is, of course, the setting you describe.

- Eudora not at all recognizing PGP/MIME.  I hope this is indeed the
  bug you described, and not another consequence of not selecting
  PGP/MIME?

Cheers,
--
Thomas Roessler                     <roessler(_at_)does-not-exist(_dot_)org>