Re: PGP/MIME implementors: text mode vs. binary mode?

2001-02-15 05:28:35
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Florian Weimer wrote:

And thus breaking one-pass-processing, one of the fundamental design
goals of MIME? ;-)

It won't work anyway:

|   The "micalg" parameter for the "application/pgp-signature" protocol
|   MUST contain exactly one hash-symbol of the format "pgp-<hash-
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^
This does not allow to have more than 1 signature in the second part
with different hash algorithms.  I know that this is addressed in
the multisig draft but it would be nice to have 2 signatures in this
protocol.

So why shouldn't we allow a wildcard or a list.  The only drawback
is that one has to apply multiple hash algorithms and select later
which to use.

--
Werner Koch
<wk(_at_)gnupg(_dot_)org>