Re: Algorithm Specific Fields for DSA secret keys

2001-03-22 03:47:42
hal(_at_)finney(_dot_)org writes:

If you look at the whole section, it says,

5.5.3. Secret Key Packet Formats

   The Secret Key and Secret Subkey packets contain all the data of the
   Public Key and Public Subkey packets, with additional algorithm-
   specific secret key data appended, in encrypted form.

   The packet contains:

     - A Public Key or Public Subkey packet, as described above

Okay, I missed this one.  I thought the public key components were
also cryptographically protected.  May I assume that the i.cz attack
is target against the unprotected public key part of the secret key
packet?  Such an attack seems feasible.

--
Florian Weimer
Florian(_dot_)Weimer(_at_)RUS(_dot_)Uni-Stuttgart(_dot_)DE