Re: 8bit text in Comment line (i18n)

2001-07-29 02:49:21

On 2001-07-29 03:48:24 -0400, John Kane wrote:

I see no clause defining the charset of text in Armor Headers. Should an armored block be constrained to use only 7-bit mail-safe characters, or should it be stated that Armor Headers may be in UTF-8, or native charset, or what?

There's a reason why it's called ASCII armor, and not UTF-8 armor, and at least PGP/MIME relies on ASCII armor being actually restricted 7bit characters.

I don't think that vanity armor headers in arbitrary character sets are even remotely worth the hassles and effort which they generate.

--
Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/