Re: Preparing a new draft...

2001-08-20 13:04:07

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:09:04 -0700, Jon Callas said:

I think we agreed that we should add in SHA256, SHA384, and SHA512. Does
anyone disagree?

Please mark them as optional.  We should also figure out the new DSA
parameters to be used with those hashes.  Ist there anything available
from NIST?  I didn't follow the development very closely.

Do people here want to see diffs of my source before I submit the draft? (I

Pretty please.

I'd like to get this one out ASAP, because I stupidly didn't get it out a
long time ago with the correct packet numbers for MDC, and I feel badly

Regarding MDC: PGP and GnuPG both implement MDC but without the use of
the features flag.  A long time ago I agreed with Hal to use MDC with
all algorithms having a blocksizes > 64 (i.e. Twofish and AES).  From
our knowledge no other application did use one of those algorithms at
that time.   IMHO, it would be good to stress it even more that the
MDC packets should be used and that it can be expected that future
revisions of OpenPGP will make the use of MDC mandatory.

Ciao,

  Werner