Re: Preparing a new draft.../ PGP versions 5 and later / ciphertext-format query.....

2001-08-21 10:50:03

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:23:44 -0400, Joe Tag said:

I believe that PGP 5.0/5.0i is the MINIMUM BASIC version of the software
that

With the drawback that it far away from OpenPGP compliant and has a
lot of security issues.

BTW: Why was Radix-64 developed; and what are the problems of having
ciphertext
output as a hexadecimal file?

Because it produces only an 33% overhead compared to the 100% overhead
of plain hexdigits.

We need to save some bandwidth so that we can use more funny mail
headers :-)

Ciao,

  Werner