Re: Fw: [ietf-tls] using openpgp with tls

2002-01-17 11:04:05

On 17 Jan 2002 12:44:30 -0500, Derek Atkins said:

Keep in mind that TLS can use "user certificates" too... Are you
implying that users with v3 certs have to generate a new key
in order to use them in TLS?

Yes, for the same reasons as for servers.  The majority of keys is v4
for quite a long time now.  I know only a few people insisting on
using the old keys - even Ted T'so has a v4 key now.

And I still don't see a reason why a keyID is needed in TLS.  We need
the keyIDs to lookup signing keys but this has nothing to do with TLS.