Re: Recipient-verifiable messages, was: forwarding an encrypted PGP message is useless

2002-04-11 15:10:44

From: John Dlugosz

Vedaal writes, "no new signature type is needed.
this can be done now with a split key setup, for either an RSA or DH key:"

I think this would work without the split feature.  For example, when I
enter into a conspiracy with Bob, I make a new signing key for the purpose.
Send Bob the key including the private half (export it, and note the
passphrase in the message).  Encrypt that TO Bob and send it to him, and
also post it somewhere in public so Bob can't say he never got it.