Re: bis05: Armor Headers

2002-04-30 10:29:53

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:09:32 +0200, Marc Mutz said:

1. It's not only the Comment field that is affected here. IIRC, GnuPG uses
non-us-ascii characters for the version header if localized, too.

This field is not anymore subject to localization.

2. An implementation allowing full UTF-8 in the Armor Headers indirectly
violates rfc3156.

An rfc3156 implementation can simply strip the armor headers - they
are of no use.  I don't think that this is an OpenPGP issue.

If we would start to straighten the language, there are a lot more
places where this would be due.  Better keep it as it is and get the
implementations right.

  Werner