Re: let's look... Re: Standardizing inline PGP for e-mail?

2003-01-24 01:31:26
On Don, 2003-01-23 at 22:35, David Shaw wrote:
I think in general that creating a new subtype of text to solve this
problem is a non-starter.  Part of the original problem was that not
enough mailers supported PGP/MIME (or indeed, MIME in general)
sufficiently well.  I suspect that using a new subtype will eventually
end up as "PGP/MIME lite" and will similarly not be supported.

Additionally, specifying inline PGP could make Software vendors even
more reluctant to support PGP/MIME properly. Why not make it absolutely
clear that PGP/MIME is the only form of PGP in email mailers are
supposed to use.

inline pgp won't get worse as it is - but manpower should be directed
into making PGP/MIME work, not into fixing inline pgp, imho.

cheers
-- vbi

--
featured link: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/subkeys