Re: Signature targets and where they should be used

2003-05-28 10:30:28

On 4/16/03 2:38 PM, "David Shaw" <dshaw(_at_)jabberwocky(_dot_)com> wrote:

Is there a consensus on this?

Personally, I think that the SHOULD is good enough. If you want to do a
blind notary, you have the perfect reason not to put the target packet
there.

However, I included this text: "Note that we really do mean SHOULD. There
are plausible uses for this (such a a blind notary that only sees the
signature, not the key nor source document) that cannot include a target
subpacket."

    Jon